National Search for Our Next Chancellor
We have 2 finalists
On Thursday, May 19, 2016, the Tarrant County College Board of Trustees announced the selection of 2 finalists for chancellor, the top administrative leadership post at the College.
In case you missed it: Read about the national search process we have been following to identify our next chancellor.
Meet the finalists at 2 public forums
We invite students, faculty, staff and the community to 2 public forums:
- Date: Thursday, June 2, 2016
- 10–11:30 a.m.
- 1:30–3 p.m.
- Room: Energy Auditorium
- Trinity River Campus (campus map)
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102
TCC faculty and executive leadership also will meet with the candidates.
Can’t make it to Trinity River Campus?
We will livestream the forums on this page.
You have a voice!
Before the forums take place, we invite you to submit questions: My Questions for the Finalists
After the forums take place, we will invite you to submit your feedback—whether you were on campus or online.
What happens next?
On Thursday, June 9, the Board plans to name the sole finalist for chancellor at a Special Meeting of the Board of Trustees.
The Texas Education Code specifies a 21-day period, and then the appointment as chancellor will be official.
Who are the 2 finalists?
Eugene V. Giovannini, Ed.D.
Founding President of Maricopa Corporate College in Scottsdale, Arizona
Giovannini has over 30 years of community college experience.
Since 2002, he has served the Maricopa County Community College District in Arizona, including 11 years as president of Gateway Community College in Phoenix.
He began his community college career in 1983 when he taught for 2 years at Virginia’s
Eastern Shore Community College. He then became the chair of Office Technologies at
Broome Community College in New York.
In 2014, Giovannini was appointed to the board of the National Association for Community College Entrepreneurship.
- Doctorate in Community College Education, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- Master of Education, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Science in Business Education, Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
Barbara Kavalier, Ph.D.
District President at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas
Kavalier has more than 30 years of community college experience:
- 20 years with the Dallas County Community College District (DCCCD)
- 3 years as associate vice president at Tacoma Community College
- 3 years as vice president of student services at San Diego Mesa College
- 3 years as president of San Jose City College
Her experience also includes serving as an adjunct professor and as the self-study director for Mountain View College before she was recruited to serve as president of San Jose College to focus on resolving accreditation issues. She has authored 2 books on community colleges.
- Doctorate in Educational Administration with specialization in Community College Leadership, The University of Texas in Austin
- Master of Science in Business and Human Relations, Amberton University
- Bachelor of Science in English, Cum Laude, Texas Christian University
- Associate of Arts and Science degree, Mountain View College, DCCCD
Follow Our Progress
We will continue to communicate with students, faculty, staff and the community by posting updates here throughout the process.
- TCC Board Announces Two Finalists for Chancellor–May 20, 2016
- Update: Our Chancellor Search Is on Schedule–May 4, 2016
- We Open the Search for Our New Chancellor–March 11, 2016
- We Identify Our Search Consultant–February 25, 2016
- TCC Seeks Firm for National Search for Chancellor–January 13, 2016
Updated May 23, 2016