Data-driven evidence will help Tarrant County College to identify and monitor key student achievement gaps and barriers to student success. Qualitative and quantitative findings, providing baseline data, are outlined through a series of Achieving the Dream data briefs.
Achieving the Dream colleges work to increase student success as measured by five key indicators. Corresponding data briefs provide quantitative baseline data, against which future progress will be measured.
- Five Key Indicators.
- Common themes in New Student Orientation (NSO) and Student Success Course (STSC).
- Analysis of Focus Groups (PDF will open in a new window)
- Successful completion of courses.
- Advancement from remedial to credit-bearing courses.
- Successful completion of gateway courses.
- Continuous enrollment from one semester to the next.
- Completion of degrees and/or certificates.
TCC gains qualitative data through The Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE) and The Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE), tools designed to help colleges gain insight on student behaviors and experiences.
- The Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE) Data Brief
- The Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) Data Brief
Updated January 26, 2015