An applicant who has never attended a college or university is a new-to-college student.
Current high school students who want to take college-level courses to:
How to Apply
- Complete TCC's Active Apply online Admissions Application.
TCC's Admissions Application Deadline is two weeks before the class start date. Please submit your application at least two weeks before your class start date.
- Submit evidence of Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (if new to TCC and under 22 years old).
- Apply for financial aid.
- Complete testing requirements.
- Attend new student group advisement.
In addition to applying for admission, applicants must submit:
High School Graduates
- Official high school transcript with graduation date
- Official test scores: TAKS, SAT or ACT
- Official transcript with graduation date
Please review TCC's Transcript Creation Guide for Homeschooled Students (PDF will open in new window) for homeschool transcript guidelines and requirements.
- Official test scores if available: SAT or ACT, if available
- GED certificate
Non-High School Graduate / Non-GED Recipient
- Download Admission by Individual Approval form.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor and complete testing.
- Return the signed, completed form to the Registrar’s Office.
Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
The 82nd Texas Legislature approved Senate Bill 1107, which requires all new TCC students under the age of 22 to submit evidence of being
immunized against meningococcal meningitis at least 10 days prior to their first term
This requirement also applies to returning TCC students who have experienced a break
in enrollment of at least one fall or spring term.
For more information about TCC's meningitis vaccination requirements, visit our Meningitis Vaccination page.
Updated June 23, 2015