Associate of Science Degree
The purpose of this degree program is to provide curricula in university parallel and pre-professional areas to enable students to enter as juniors at a senior college/university of their choice with a major in a science discipline. While this suggested course satisfies the requirements of most senior institutions, it is the student's responsibility to identify his or her transfer institution to determine specific requirements for the freshman and sophomore years.
Students attending Tarrant County College for one or two years then transferring to a senior college or university should have no difficulty transferring credits if these steps are followed:
- Select a major field of study and a senior college or university that offers a bachelor's degree in that field.
- Secure a college catalog and study the freshman and sophomore courses suggested.
- See a TCCD academic advisor or counselor for help in selecting the TCC courses that correspond to the requirements of the senior college.
- Complete the TCCD courses with a grade point average of at least 2.0.
- During the last semester at TCCD, apply for admission to the four-year college or university and request that an official TCCD transcript be sent to that institution.
Updated August 22, 2013