Available on Northeast Campus Only
- Provide quality educational experiences
- Provide special training and support services
- Advocate for children and families
- Prepare knowledgeable and competent early childhood professionals
Areas of Study
Associate of Applied Science Degree
Our A.A.S. in Child Development prepares you to be a lead teacher or director of early care and education programs.
The program curriculum provides a foundation that will enable you to pursue further education in the fields of child development, family studies and human development.
Our certificate programs are designed to provide basic skills and knowledge necessary to obtain employment in the early care and education field. Program options are:
- After School Provider
- Child Care Administration
- Child Development Associate
- Child Life Specialist Advanced
- Preschool Child Care Provider
Criminal Background Checks
A criminal background check will be required to enroll in EDUC and TECA field experience courses and CDEC laboratory courses. A criminal history check will be repeated once a year for every student enrolled in one of these courses.
The following courses will require an additional fee for finger printing:
- CDEC 1413 Curriculum Resources for Early Childhood Programs
- CDEC 1419 Child Guidance
- CDEC 2386 Internship for Early Childhood
Lisa Self, Child Development Program Coordinator
Updated February 04, 2016