Music courses are offered at each campus for students of all skill levels, from beginner
The music field of study includes a set of courses for students planning to pursue
a bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university.
Areas of Study
Course topics include:
- Music theory
- Sight reading
- Music literature
- Voice and vocal diction
- Many Music Ensembles:
Jazz Lab Bands, Choirs, Opera Workshop and Small Instrumental Ensembles for guitar,
voice, strings and percussion
The Visual and Performing Arts requirement for an associate degree can be fulfilled by completing 3 credit hours in:
- MUSI 1301 Fundamentals of Music
- MUSI 1306 Music Appreciation
- MUSI 1308 Music Literature I
Other Learning Opportunities
- Private lessons are offered in voice, piano, guitar, bass guitar, brass, woodwind, percussion, harp
and strings. Contact a campus Music Department to arrange lessons.
- Other learning opportunities include TCC-sponsored workshops, Master Classes and K-12 Music Competitions.
- Northeast Campus has a Preparatory Piano Program for grades 1-12. For more information, please contact Renetta Frisque, the coordinator,
by email, Renetta.Frisque@tccd.edu, or by telephone, 817-515-6683.
- The campuses host concerts throughout the year. Most concerts are free and open to the public. Email the contacts
below for current concert schedules.
Updated September 19, 2013