Available on Trinity River Campus East Only
Come to an information session about our program.
Our Surgical Technology Program is a selective admission, 11-month certificate of completion program.
Role of the Surgical Technologist
The surgical technologist helps surgeons, anesthesiologists and registered nurses care for patients in the operating room. Duties include:
- Setting up the back table
- Gathering the instruments, equipment and supplies needed for each surgical procedure
- Maintaining the sterile field and passing instruments to the surgeon
- Assisting the surgeon during the surgical procedure–when asked
- Taking all the used equipment and instruments to decontamination at the end of the procedure
For more details, see Surgical Technology from the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP).
The Surgical Technology Program prepares graduates who are excellent and ethical surgical technologists with qualities needed to provide exceptional compassionate and caring patient care.
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) Exam Pass Rate
- 100%: 2013
- 100%: 2014
- 100%: 2015
Student Retention Rate
- 79%: 2013
- 77%: 2014
- 77%: 2015
Our Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), 1361 Park Street, Clearwater, Florida 33756. Telephone: 727-210-2350.
Healthcare Professions Division
Updated January 19, 2016