1098-T Tax Information
In accordance with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, a 1098-T form will be provided to you, the student. The Act provides for tax credits if you meet certain qualifications.
The 1098-T form is informational only and should not be considered as tax opinion or advice. It serves to alert you that you may be eligible for the tax credit.
Items to remember:
- Tuition and fees directly related to your education are allowed as a tax credit, whereas other fees are not included.
- Scholarships or grants are considered deductions and are reported separately.
- Refunds and waivers reduce the reported tuition and fees.
- The dollar figures provided on the 1098-T form are determined by reviewing the institutional records of billings and credits for the calendar year. This may or may not reflect what you paid during the tax year.
- You should reference and compare your own documentation from the semesters attended.
- We strongly suggest you involve your tax advisor in reporting the appropriate amounts.
- The College reports 1098-T tax information to the IRS.
- Due to IRS regulations, you must provide a social security number or tax identification number to receive a 1098-T.
- Community and Industry Education (CIE) tuition is not included on the 1098-T form.
- You are encouraged to select the electronic version through WebAdvisor to gain immediate access when the forms are made available to students.
- Due to FERPA regulations, TCC will not email the 1098-T form.
- Generic 1098-T information can be released to you through the 1098-T hotline at (817) 515-1098.
To access your 1098-T tax form:
- Login to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select 1098-T Tax Information under Financial Information
Updated May 05, 2016