Checking Your Aid Status and Notices
How to Check Your Financial Aid Status
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select Financial Aid Status and Award Letter under Financial Aid.
Be sure to review your award letter Terms on WebAdvisor for award eligibility requirements and award payment details.
- 2014-2015 TCC Financial Aid Terms of Award and Payment Procedures(PDF will open in a new window)
- 2015-2016 TCC Financial Aid Terms of Award and Payment Procedures(PDF will open in a new window)
Watch Three Steps to Financial Aid to learn more about applying for financial aid and checking your financial aid status.
Financial Aid Notices
Check your student email for official notices online at myTCC. Official notices can include:
- Award announcements
- Missing document requests
- Other essential information
Verifying Your FAFSA
Three to five business days after submitting your FAFSA application, TCC will receive a copy of your FAFSA application. You may be contacted via your TCC email for a processed called verification.
Verification is the process your school uses to confirm that the data reported on your FAFSA is accurate. TCC has the authority to contact you for documentation that supports income and other information that you reported.
If your Student Aid Report is selected for verification, you must:
- Complete the IRS Data Retrieval Tool through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or contact the IRS to obtain a a copy of your most recent Federal Tax Return Transcript (and your parents' transcript(s), if applicable) and submit it/them to our office.
- Submit an Independent Institutional Verification Form (Link will take you to WebAdvisor. Log in to complete form.) Required for independent students.
- Submit a Dependent Institutional Verification Form (Link will take you to WebAdvisor. Log in to complete form.) Required for dependent students.
All paperwork must be complete and submitted before an award letter is processed for you. Financial aid is awarded on first-come, first-served basis. If you do not have an award letter from Tarrant County College, you do not have financial aid. You may be required to pay your tuition and fee cost up front and be reimbursed during the semester, if you are eligible for funding.
Updated April 29, 2015