Our Mission and Purpose
The mission of Tarrant County College District Health Services is to promote health and wellness through education and service.
Our purpose is to provide professional clinical and educational nursing services to all students and employees as an integral component of the College mission.
We embrace the diverse population of our campus community by providing culturally sensitive health care in accordance with the American College Health Association Non-Discrimination Policy:
To create a healthy campus climate guided by values of cultural inclusion, respect, equality, and equity. Such a climate is essential to college health.
Links to information about staying well (PDF will open in a new window)
In Case of Emergency
Contact TCCD dispatch by calling 817-515-8911 from any phone or simply dialing 58911 from a campus phone and state your emergency.
Emergency Equipment Located in Each Building
- Automatic External Defibrillators (AED) to be used during cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- EvacTrac evacuation chairs to be used to bring a wheelchair bound person down a stairwell
Student Health 101
Health Services is proud to announce a new online magazine for students and employees, Student Health 101.
Each campus maintains a nurse-directed health center to promote a positive and balanced lifestyle for an enhanced collegiate experience. Students are encouraged to utilize their campus health center, which provides confidential services free of charge.
*Please note that any health services needed outside of the campus health center, such as ambulance transport or physician visit, will be the financial responsibility of the student.
- Treatment for minor illness and injuries
- Over-the-counter medications
- Referrals to health care providers, specialists, or community agencies
- Blood Pressure monitoring
- Weight monitoring
- Health counseling
- Health education
- Annual health fair
- Emergency response
- Blood glucose
- Blood pressure
Student Health Insurance Information*(PDF will open in a new window)
*TCC does not provide health insurance.
Additional Services Provided by Community Partners
- Blood donor drives by Carter BloodCare and American Red Cross
- Free HIV and syphilis testing by AIDS OUTREACH
- National Marrow Donor Program
Updated November 18, 2014