If you feel you have a mastery of a particular subject, you can take an exam to receive
credit instead of taking a credit course.
- You must be enrolled at least one full semester at TCC and be enrolled at TCC during
the semester that the exam is being taken.
- The successful completion of a departmental exam will result in a grade of credit
("CR"), which will not affect your grade point average.
- There is a $25 transcript posting fee (per course).
To Sign Up and for Additional Information
- Contact an instructor or department head to receive authorization to take a departmental
- The department will indicate whether the test will be taken in the department or at
the Testing Center.
Available Courses Include:
Communication and Fine Arts
- American Sign Language I (SLNG 1404)
- American Sign Language II (SLNG 1405)
Culinary Arts, Dietetics and Hospitality
- Sanitation and Safety (CHEF 1205)
- Essentials Medical Terminology (HPRS 1206)
- Anatomy & Physiology I (BIOL 2401)
- Anatomy & Physiology II (BIOL 2402)
- Music Theory I (MUSI 1211)
- Sight Singing/Ear Training I (MUSI 1216)
- Sight Singing/Ear Training II (MUSI 1217)
- Introduction to Keyboarding (POFT 1127)
- Beginning Keyboarding (POFT 1329)
- Introduction to Law and the Legal Profession (LGLA 1307)
- Legal Writing (LGLA 1305)
- Civil Litigation (LGLA 1345)
- Wills, Trust, Probate Adm (LGLA 1353)
- Radio & Television Announcing (RTVB 1355)
- Beginning French I & II (FREN 1411 & FREN 1412)
- Intermediate French I (FREN 2311)
- Beginning German I & II (GERM 1411 & GERM 1412)
- Intermediate German I (GERM 2311)
- Beginning Spanish I & II (SPAN 1411 & 1412)
- Intermediate Spanish I (SPAN 2311)
Contact your campus Testing Center for more information.
Have questions? AskTCC
Updated July 14, 2015