Credit for Active Duty Military Service

Credit may be granted only if the following criteria are met:

  • Must have graduated from a public or private high school credited by a generally recognized accrediting organization or a Department of Defense high school or have earned a GED; AND
  • Must be honorably discharged after serving at least two years of active duty service in the Armed Forces OR be honorably discharged because of a disability.

How to Request Credit

Submit the following to a campus registrar office:

  1. Joint Service Transcripts (Army, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard) or Air Force Transcript (Air University/CCAF)
  2. High School Transcript or GED certificate
  3. DD214 (Report of Separation)

Upon receipt of the military transcripts, the following credit may be granted:

  • Two (2) semester hours of physical education including KINE-1164
  • Six (6) semester hours of general electives (If you attended TCC prior to Spring 2015, you have the option to decline this credit)

Important Notice

Students receiving VA Benefits or Financial Aid should consult a campus Registrar, Vet Success Center (South Campus), or financial aid representative concerning receipt of generic elective credit.


Have questions? AskTCC
Hours and Locations
817-515-4REG (4734)



Updated March 29, 2016


Tarrant County College District 1500 Houston Street Fort Worth, Texas 76102 • Information Center: 817-515-8223 Hearing / Speech Impaired (TTY)
Online Institutional Resumes (per Sec. 51A.002, Texas Education Code) • An Achieving the Dream Institution
Report A Problem • Report Fraud