Credit for Active Duty Military Service
Credit may be granted only if the following criteria are met:
- Must have graduated from a public or private high school credited by a generally recognized accrediting organization or a Department of Defense high school or have earned a GED; AND
- Must be honorably discharged after serving at least two years of active duty service in the Armed Forces OR be honorably discharged because of a disability.
How to Request Credit
Submit the following to a campus registrar office:
- All military transcripts (AARTS, SMARTS, CCAF, ACE, etc.)
- High School Transcript or GED certificate
- DD214 (Report of Separation)
Upon receipt of the military transcripts, the following credit will be granted:
- Two (2) semester hours of physical education including KINE-1164
- Six (6) semester hours of general electives (If you attended TCC prior to Spring 2015, you have the option to decline this credit)
Students receiving VA Benefits or Financial Aid should consult a campus Registrar, Vet Success Center (South Campus), or financial aid representative concerning receipt of generic elective credit.
Updated April 16, 2015