Advising for First-Time-in-College Students
All First-Time-In-College (FTIC) students are required meet with a Success Coach before connecting with an academic advisor.
Connect with a Success Coach
Success Coaches provide support in completing your application, the registration process, and your transition into college.
With a Success Coach, you:
- Review FTIC requirements
- Complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA)
- Obtain a TSI Assessment referral
- Set up your WebAdvisor and TCC email accounts
- Create a MyPlan referral (if your major is undecided)
- Take the Online Readiness Test (if you're enrolling in any online courses)
Connect with a Success Coach by:
Attend NSGA and NSO
All FTIC students attend new student group advisement (NSGA), as well as new student orientation (NSOR).
NSGA gives you a general overview to college studies; you can't register for courses until your NSGA is complete.
Connect with an Academic Advisor
After you've met with a Success Coach, connect with an academic advisor by:
- Scheduling an in-person, virtual or phone advising appointment
- Chatting online with an academic advisor
- Emailing our academic advisors
Updated July 28, 2021