Whether you need help with your math class or are looking to get ahead with your math material, the Math Emporiums on all TCC Campuses are for you. You to work at your own pace so you can better understand math.
The Math Emporium offers you the following features:
- Personalized Placement: You start with pre-assessment, which means you skip material that you have already mastered. You spend more time on what you don’t understand and less time on what you have mastered.
- Individualized Pacing: You are allowed to work at an accelerated pace and can complete more than one course. You do not have to wait to test with peers if you complete a section early.
- Interactive Computer Software: You use online tutorials, guided solutions, examples and teaching videos that give you immediate feedback. You can work on the bank of homework problems as long as you need.
- Personalized On-Demand Assistance: Teachers and assistants help you at your desk. Mini-lectures replace lectures.
- Mastery Learning: You must master material in one section before you move to the next section.
- Mandatory Student Participation: You learn math by doing math. You spend most of your time working math problems. Class time is for working problems and getting help as needed. Attendance policy is in place.
Updated August 12, 2016