College for Kids
As one of TCC’s many Youth Enrichment Programs designed to help young people reach their full potential, College for Kids (CFK) provides an opportunity for children to enroll in academic, arts and crafts, science and technology and health and fitness courses.
CFK is a 3-week summer enrichment program for children in the 3rd through 8th grades. Courses are taught by experienced and motivated faculty who encourage and challenge students in an atmosphere that supports inquiry and exploration.
On May 6, 2022 online applications are available.
Starting Friday, April 29, 2022, all campuses will be accepting in-person applications and registrations.
Check with your local campus for specific dates and times.
Costs & Fees
- Half-day session=$200 for a total of 4 classes.
- Full-day session=$400 for a total of 8 classes.
- $40 for optional supervised activity period
- $10 for supply fees for certain courses
- Incoming 3rd through 8th grade students
- A or B grade average demonstrated by your most recent official report card, progress report, or transcript
- Satisfactory conduct grade
- Students are expected to show self-control
- Students will exhibit appropriate behavior while on campus
Schedule of Classes
- Morning and afternoon are sessions available. Students choose one course for each class hour from afternoon or morning sessions
- Register online through MyTCCTrack. Follow our Register for Youth Courses page for instructions
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Classes are held Monday through Thursday
- View a list of our course descriptions
Change of Schedule
No changes will be made after classes begin.
Certificates will be awarded by the Office of Community Education upon successful completion of the program
Food and Snacks
- Please have your child bring a snack/food for lunch if they are registered for a full day of classes.
- Northeast Campus CFK students will have the option to buy Subway for lunch during their June camp.
- Northwest, South and Southeast Campuses will have food trucks out at the campuses during the summer. Check the schedule on our food services page.
- Trinity River's Riverfront Cafe will be available for lunch as well.
- Barnes & Noble Bookstores on all campuses will have a meal option for CFK during both the June and July sessions. The meal will consist of a sandwich, chips and a 20 oz. drink option for $8.95.
- Check the campus bookstore for hours of operation.
- Parents must provide daily transportation for child
- Students must not arrive any earlier than 15 minutes prior to first class session. TCC campuses are public places and we do not leave children unattended
- All students must be picked up promptly at end of class day at designated area(s)
- Morning and afternoon supervised activity periods will be offered at all campuses and locations
- $40 fee per activity period payable at time of registration
(specify your campus)
Join our Facebook group, TCC's College for Kids, to get notified of important dates and events.
Updated June 30, 2022