PreFreshman Engineering Program at TCC South (TCC PREP)
Quick Program Facts
- Ages: New students currently in grades 6, 7, or 8
- Courses: 7-week summer programs offered over 4 summers
- 2023 dates: June 8–July 27, 2023
- Days: Monday–Thursday
- Time: 9 a.m.–12 p.m. for class, 1-3 p.m. for research and development
- Campus: South Campus
- Cost: No cost
- Deadline for applications: April 28, 2023
- Credit: Up to 4 elective high school credits (as long as you earn satisfactory grades)
- Classified under Texas Education Agency Approved Innovative Courses–Career and Technical Education
What is TCC PREP?
Earn high school credit, prepare for college and sharpen your skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics!
- Course work
- Team projects
- Hands-on projects
- Class presentations
- Career awareness speakers
Am I eligible?
If you are in grades 6, 7, or 8:
- 80 or better semester 1 grade in your current math, science and English class
- Satisfactory or higher conduct grades
How to Apply
- Application for Summer 2023 is open! (New and returning students should scroll down to the bottom of the list to find the TCC Prep selection.)
- Upload a copy of your semester 1 report card.
- Write a 100-word essay (typed or hand-written) on why you want to participate in TCC PREP.
- Secure 2 recommendations by entering in your teachers' emails in the spaces provided.
They will be prompted to submit a recommendation.
- You may choose a math, science or English teacher or a counselor.
Lifestyle and Community Learning
Updated April 07, 2023