Teen vs. Wild
- Ages: Students entering grades 6th through 8th
- Dates: July 8-11, 2019
- Days: Monday-Thursday
- Time: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.; must bring a sack lunch
- Cost: $220
What is TEEN vs WILD?
TEEN vs WILD is a week-long, outdoor immersion experience that fosters environmental stewardship in the land leaders of tomorrow. Adventurers will hone and develop skill sets needed to be successful and knowledgeable leaders:
- Survival skills
- Sustainable practices
TEEN vs WILD will offer a series of awesome adventures and learning experiences that promise to be discoverable by all senses, but here are some exciting previews:
- Adventurers will learn how to use multiple tools to navigate rough terrain!
- Animal Tracks & Sounds
- Learn how to read animal tracks and listen to the sounds they make!
- Fire Building
- Learn fire building and safety from the experts!
- Foraging in the WILD
- Adventurers will learn how to forage in the wild, as well as how to grow and prep their own food for in the outdoors.
- Water Quests
- Canoeing, seine fishing and much more!!
- Scavenger Hunt Expedition
- Excursion to Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge to test your survival strengths!
Fill out an online application packet and submit your student’s latest report card (progress reports are not accepted) with the packet.
Your course information is as follows:
Course Section: HPEX-1023-30002
Register online through WebAdvisor.
Community Education & Engagement
WCTS Rm 1207
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179
Updated May 02, 2019