We must all work together to make sure our summer of fun and excitement is not spoiled by forgetting about safety and safe behavior practices. All TCC campuses are open campuses, and generally are safe places. However, like the mall or the city park, there are no fences to keep the good guys in and the bad guys out. Please join us again this year in making it a safe experience for all.
- Get a TCC student ID.
- Use the Buddy System by traveling in pairs or groups.
- Avoid suspicious persons (anyone not wearing a camp "STAFF" t-shirt).
- Always stay inside the campus or on inner campus sidewalks between buildings.
- Avoid construction areas and keep a safe distance from machinery.
- Listen to the instructions given by the instructor in the case of severe weather, building evacuation, or threatening conditions.
- Look for camp staff visibly posted in buildings and around campus to assist you. They will either be wearing College for Kids shirts or a badge that says "Ask me for Help."
- Look for campus police around campus who can assist you.
- Get a map and clearly identify the designated parking lot where you will be dropped off or picked up.
- Make sure your child knows the telephone number where you or a guardian can be reached.
- Place your child's name clearly on backpacks and other personal items. Lost and found is located at the Business Services Office on every campus.
If you would like to receive emergency campus alerts, you have the option to sign up to receive these text and/or emails. Once a Colleague ID has been established, look for an automated email in your student's myTCC email account. This email will come from Rave Mobile Safety. Follow the instructions on the myTCC alerts page.
Updated November 11, 2019