The Generation Hope Program
- Ages: Students entering grades 6–8 in these school districts:
- Fort Worth
- Program: 3-year college preparatory middle school education program that focuses on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) studies
- After school
- One Saturday per month
- Optional: Summer and special interest programs
- Cost: No cost
- Thanks to our generous past and present program sponsors and partners, our students, parents and their communities do not pay for any aspect of the program.
- Application: open enrollment
- Spring semester: January–February
- Fall semester: June–September
What is the program?
Generation Hope is a 3-year commitment. You begin in 6th grade and graduate in the 8th grade. Learn more about Generation Hope and its history.
- After-school programming
- Saturday Event: Field Trips
- Optional Summer Program: Texas PreFreshman Engineering Program (TexPREP)
- Optional Special Interest Programs
You don’t have to worry about transportation!
The Generation Hope Program provides free and optional transportation for all of its students to each and every program.
You will meet 2 times a week at your home school to participate in STEM activities that will give you experience with college/university culture, cultural diversity and competitions. The curriculum is aligned with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
Transportation: We take you from your school to your home address.
Saturday Events: Field Trips
You will attend monthly field trips, known as Saturday Events, that supplement in-class learning, encourage growth and provide opportunities for you to explore outside of your immediate surroundings.
Example destinations include:
- CR Smith Museum
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
- Ripley's Believe It or Not
- Tarleton State University (TSU)
- Tarrant County College (TCC)
- Texas Christian University (TCU)
Transportation: We take you from your school, to the Saturday program and back to your school.
Optional Summer Program: Texas PreFreshman Engineering Program (TexPREP)
As a continuing Generation Hope student, you can be a part of this intensive 7-week summer program offered through the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA).
You can earn high school credit and sharpen your skills in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Learn more about TexPREP.
Optional and Special Interest Programs
As a Generation Hope student, you are also eligible to participate on the Generation Hope team for:
- Texas Alliance of Minorities in Engineering (TAME)
- Jr. International Leadership Academy
- Future City
- FIRST Lego League
Transportation: Varies. We will take you to the competitions.
Will I have a computer to use while in the program?
Yes! Generation Hope provides you with a fully functional, water- and damage-resistant tablet computer with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office while you are in the program.
Do I graduate from the Generation Hope Program?
You complete the Generation Hope Program at the end of your 8th grade year.
How do I apply?
- Make sure you are in an eligible school
- Fort Worth ISD
- Benbrook Middle School 6, 7, 8
- Forest Oak Middle School 7, 8
- Glencrest Sixth Grade Center 6
- Handley Middle School 6, 7, 8
- Jacquet Martin Middle School 6, 7, 8
- McLean Sixth Grade Center 6
- McLean Middle School 7, 8
- Morningside Middle School 6, 7, 8
- Young Men’s Leadership Academy 6, 7, 8
- Crowley ISD
- David L. Walker Intermediate 6
- Crowley Middle School 7, 8
- H.F. Stevens Middle School 7, 8
- Everman ISD
- Johnson Sixth Grade Center 6
- Baxter Jr. High 7, 8
- Fort Worth ISD
- Submit an application
- Application deadline: Friday, September 14, 2018
Erika Zimmermann, Coordinator of Community Outreach
Community & Industry Education Services
5301 Campus Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Updated August 02, 2018