English as a Second Language (ESL)
Learn to speak, read and write English.
We offer a series of courses to help you build language skills that will enable you to function in English-speaking settings.
Courses are designed for beginning, intermediate and advanced levels.
Some ESL courses offered through our Learning Opportunities Centers are free to qualifying students.
Courses You Can Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- COMG-1000 ESL: 1 English Work and Life
- COMG-1001 ESL: 2 Communications
- COMG-1003 ESL: 3 Communications
- COMG-1004 ESL: 3 English Work and Life
- COMG-1005 ESL: 4 English Work and Life
- COMG-1006 ESL: 4 Communications
- COMG-1007 ESL: 5 Communications
- COMG-1008 ESL: 5 English Work and Life
- COMG-1015 ESL: Fundamentals
- COMG-1091 ESL: Conversation/Pronunciation
- COMG-1091 ESL: Pronunciation, Advanced
- COMG-1091 ESL: 2 English Work and Life
- COMG-1091 ESL: 1 Communications
- COMG-1091 ESL: Basic Writing Skills
- ESLX-1020 ESL: Academic Reading
- ESLX-1190 ESL: Reading and Vocabulary
- ESLX-1200 ESL: Independent Study Lab
- ESLX-1540 ESL: Grammar/Composition 1
- ESLX-1550 ESL: Grammar/Composition 2
- ESLX-1560 ESL: Grammar/Composition 3
- ESLX-1580 ESL: Oral Communication/English 1
- ESLX-1590 ESL: Oral Communication/English 2
- ESLX-1600 ESL: Oral Communication/English
- ESLX-1610 ESL: Oral Communication/English 4
- ESLX-3330 ESL: Introduction to Writing
- ESLX-3350 ESL: TOEFL Exam Preparation
- ESLX-3420 ESL: English Vocabulary 1
- ESLX-3500 ESL: Reading English Level 1
- ESLX-3530 ESL: Writing 2
- ESLX-3860 ESL: Accent Reduction
Do you want to improve your English to get a degree?
Look at our ESOL courses for academic credit.
Janelle Cardenas, ESL Program Coordinator
Lourdes Davenport, Coordinator, Center of Excellence for ESL/ESOL
Eleanor Forfang-Brockman, ESL Instructor/Counselor
Melody Nguyen, ESL Program Coordinator
Trinity River Campus
Updated May 29, 2019