Would you like to become more successful both personally and professionally?
From adult beginners to more advanced adults, Workforce Services offers a variety of educational opportunities to help you reach your goals.
- Get your GED
- Learn English
- Improve basic skills in reading, writing and math
- Improve skills to return to high school
- Enter college or other training programs
- Become a citizen
- Vote or register to vote
- Achieve citizenship skills
- Increase involvement in community activities
- Get help finding work
- Learn to secure your job and then advance at work
- Become more self-sufficient
Most classes are free, or you may qualify for scholarships or financial assistance.
Classes are offered at 6 community-based learning centers in Fort Worth and Arlington:
- Butler Learning Opportunities Center
- Eastside Learning Opportunities Center
- Northside Learning Opportunities Center
- Southeast YMCA Learning Opportunities Center
- Arlington Learning Opportunities Center
- Water from the Rock Enterprises, Inc.
Additional classes may be offered at other sites in partnership with United Way, employers, school districts, faith-based and community-based organizations.
- General Education Development (GED) Test Prep
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Workplace literacy
- Civic engagement
- Life skills
- Job advancement skills
- College preparation
- Adult Basic Education
Updated January 07, 2016