Automotive Engine Analysis Technician
Professional Development Courses
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Each 8-week course meets approximately 4 hours a day, 4 days a week
- Total hours: 768
- Length of program: 1 year (3 semesters)
- Cost: $1,416
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom and lab
- Certificate: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Certificate as Engine Analysis Technician
Our program teaches you to diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul automotive systems.
Topics covered include:
- Automotive electrical systems
- Basic engine dynamics
- Alternative automotive fuels
- Drum / disc brake systems
You will be prepared to be an automotive service technician and mechanic.
As a service technician, you will work with both:
- Traditional mechanical systems, such as engines and transmissions
- Electronic systems, such as braking and steering systems
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this program, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- AUMT-1005 Introduction to Automotive Technician
- AUMT-1007 Automotive Electrical Systems
- AUMT-2017 Engine Performance Analysis I
- AUMT-2034 Engine Performance Analysis II
- AUMT-2021 Automotive Electrical Diagnosis and Repair
- AUMT-1010 Automotive Brake System
How to Apply
Register for the Automotive Engine Analysis Technician Program courses.
Community & Industry Education Services
Robert J. McCoy
Updated December 11, 2017