Automotive Heavy Line Technician
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours: 752
- Length of program: 1 year (3 semesters)
- Cost: $1,416
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: TCC Certificate as Heavy Line Technician
Our program teaches you to diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul automotive systems.
Topics covered include:
- Clutches, standard transmissions and transaxles
- Hydraulics, automatic transmissions and transaxles
- Engine operation, diagnosis and repair
- Basic refrigeration cycle and EPA guidelines for handling refrigerant
- Tire and wheel problem diagnosis, repair and alignment
You will be prepared to be a heavy line automotive service technician / mechanic.
As a heavy line technician, you will diagnose engine problems and make the appropriate repairs. You will perform major engine, transmission and other system overhauls and repairs.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this program, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- AUMT-1005 Introduction to Automotive Technician
- AUMT-1016 Automotive Suspension and Steering Systems
- AUMT-1019 Automotive Engine Repair
- AUMT-1045 Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- AUMT-2013 Manual Drive Train and Axles
- AUMT-2025 Automatic Transmission and Transaxles
How to Apply
Register for the Automotive Heavy Line Technician Program courses.
Community & Industry Education Services
Robert J. McCoy
Updated December 11, 2017