Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours: 536
- Length of program: 14 weeks
- Times offered: year-round
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Tuition: $870
- Bunker gear rental: $600
- Textbook: $100
- Uniforms: $54
- State testing fee: $85
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Fire Service Training Center/Fire Academy on Northwest Campus
- Types of instruction: classroom and skills training
- Certificate: Basic Firefighter Certificate of Completion
- CEUs: 52.8 or 12 hours of professional development
Our basic fire academy program is designed to train and certify you to be a firefighter in the state of Texas.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing our program, you will receive a Basic Firefighter Certificate of Completion.
At the end of the class, the Texas Commission on Fire Protection Basic Fire Suppression (TCFP) certification exam is administered. If you succeed, you will be eligible to apply for the Basic Fire Suppression certification.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- FIRS-1001 Firefighter Certification I
- FIRT-1038 Fire Protection Systems
- FIRS-1013 Firefighter Certification III
- FIRS-1019 Firefighter Certification IV
- FIRS-1023 Firefighter Certification V
- FIRS-1029 Firefighter Certification VI
How to Apply
The requirements and steps to apply to the Fire Academy are the same for both credit and non-credit students.
For more information on admission requirements and applying: Apply to the Fire Academy.
Margaret Burns, Administrative Assistant
Fire Service Training Center / Fire Academy
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
Updated January 23, 2018