Certified Instructional Designer
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 5
- Total hours: 120
- Length of program: 6–7 months
- Times offered: year-round
- Cost: $775
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: TCC Connect
- Types of instruction: online
- Certificate: TCC Certified Instructional Designer
As a Certified Instructional Designer, you will evaluate audiences and create instruction that supports adult learning.
In our program, you will learn how to develop instructional materials and use techniques based on current learning methods and theories.
You will also learn how to manage the project life cycle as well as input from the stakeholders.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
However, if you have previous workplace and industry experience, you will get the most value from this certification.
Credentials in Detail
Our certification program will teach you the methodologies used by the International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (IBSTPI). The IBSTPI is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to promote high standards of professional practice in training and instruction.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- HRPO-1091 The Training Professional
- HRPO-1007 Evaluating Training Interventions
- BMGT-1021 Training Project Management
- HRPO-1091 Training Needs Analysis
- HRPO-1091 Training Design & Development
How to Apply
Register for the Certified Instructional Designer Program courses.
TCC Connect Campus
Randy Jackson, Ph.D.
Updated October 30, 2018