Certified Nurse Aide
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 100
- Length of program: 13 weeks
- Times offered: fall, spring and summer
- Accreditation: Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS)
- Cost: $565
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom and clinical instruction
- Certification: through Texas DADS
- CEUs: 10.0
After completing 60 hours of course work and 40 hours of clinical in a long-term facility, you will be prepared to provide nursing-related bedside care in health care facilities.
Courses include skills and knowledge required to prepare you to take the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Examination for Nurse Aide to become a Certified Nurse Aide.
Nurse aides must successfully complete this course and pass written and skills performance exams to be listed in the Texas Nurse Aide Registry.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Attend an orientation session; it is mandatory for acceptance to the program
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Provide documentation of required immunizations:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis B
- Tuberculosis skin test (negative)
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
- You will receive an application packet and learn more about our program.
- We will post future dates and times as soon as they are scheduled.
Step 2: Return your completed application
- Include all the required documents listed in the packet.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Step 3: Register for Class
- Once you are accepted, you may register for the Certified Nursing Aide course.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1071.
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Susan Cramer, RN, B.S.N., M.A.
Updated December 11, 2017