Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 2
- Total hours: 79
- Length of program: 9 weeks
- Times offered: fall, spring & summer
- Cost: $660
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) EKG Technician
- CEUs: 7.9
Course includes instruction in basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology as it relates to:
- Technical aspects of the electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Interpretations of rhythm strips
- Medical terminology
- The role of the EKG Technician
- Treadmill stress testing
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to take a National Certification exam for EKG Technician.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current Basic Life Support (BLS) health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Pass a criminal background check
Credentials in Detail
After completing this course, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion and will be qualified to take a national certification exam.
You will receive 7.9 CEUs.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
We will accept applications for the Fall 2019 class during the month of July.
- Download, print, and fill out the application
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents in person.
- When: Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Trinity River Campus (map)
Building: Clear Fork
Room: TRCF 2101
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for EKG Technician courses, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1484.
Trinity River Campus
Health Care Professions Advising
Advising Resource Hub
Advising by Appointment
Fall & Spring Hours: Monday–Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday–Thursday: 7:30 a.m.–6 p.m.
Updated April 10, 2019