Professional Development Courses
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 2
- Total hours: 79
- Length of program: 9 weeks
- Times offered: fall, spring and summer
- Cost: $660
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) EKG Technician
- CEUs: 7.9
Course includes instruction in basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology as it relates to:
- Technical aspects of the electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Interpretations of rhythm strips
- Medical terminology
- The role of the EKG Technician
- Treadmill stress testing
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to take a National Certification exam for EKG Technician.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Attend an orientation session; it is mandatory for acceptance
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Pass a criminal background check
Credentials in Detail
After completing this course, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion and will be qualified to take a national certification exam.
You will receive 7.9 CEUs.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
Attend an EKG Technician Orientation Session
- Date: May 24, 2018
- Day: Thursday
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Room: Energy Auditorium (TRTR 4008)
Register for Class
Once you have been accepted, you may register for the EKG Technician course.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1071.
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Susan Cramer, RN, B.S.N., M.A.
Updated January 31, 2018