Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 2
- Total hours: 79
- Length of program: 9 weeks
- Times offered: fall, spring and summer
- Cost: $660
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) EKG Technician
- CEUs: 7.9
Course includes instruction in basic cardiovascular anatomy and physiology as it relates to:
- Technical aspects of the electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Interpretations of rhythm strips
- Medical terminology
- The role of the EKG Technician
- Treadmill stress testing
After successfully completing this course, you will be eligible to take a National Certification exam for EKG Technician.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current Basic Life Support (BLS) health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Pass a criminal background check
Credentials in Detail
After completing this course, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion and will be qualified to take a national certification exam.
You will receive 7.9 CEUs.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
Now accepting applications for the April–June class.
- Download, print, and fill out the application
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents in person.
- When: Monday–Thursday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
CIE Services Office
TRTR, Room 3417
300 Trinity Campus Circle
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(Trinity River Campus Map)
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for EKG Technician courses, which are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1071.
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Susan Cramer, RN, B.S.N., M.A.
Updated February 19, 2019