Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 48
- Cost: $210
- Length of program: 12 weeks
- Times offered: fall and spring
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
Are you a business owner, member of a community organization or individual who is interested in learning how to plan successful events? Our course will teach you the skills you need to plan a variety of events.
You will learn to:
- Identify key terms used in planning special events
- Determine event goals and budget requirements
- Understand the differences between planning a special event and planning a convention or meeting
- Identify suppliers, including:
- Off-site venues
- Food and beverage providers
- Sanitation services
- Determine permits, insurance and liabilities associated with planning a special event
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a TCC certificate of completion in event planning.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- TRVM-1027 Professional Event Planning
How to Apply
Register for the Professional Event Planning course.
Community & Industry Education Services
Alisa Jones, Director
Updated February 19, 2019