Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 9
- Total hours: 191
- Cost: $895
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Types of instruction: self-paced computer-based courses in an instructional lab
- Certificate: TCC Office Careers Program Administrative Assistant Certificate of Completion (CES)
The Office Careers Program (OCP) is a series of courses designed to help you prepare for entry-level employment or improve your business and technology skills.
In the Administrative Assistant Program, you will learn the skills you need to provide administrative and clerical support to businesses. Topics covered include:
- Office procedures
- Business communications
- Customer service
You will also learn how to use the appropriate software to:
- Manage documents and files
- Handle email
- Maintain basic databases
- Prepare presentation materials
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- TCC OCP Office Assistant Certificate of Completion (CES)
- Keyboarding proficiency of 40 gwpm
Credentials in Detail
To finish the Administrative Assistant Program, you will take a capstone course that includes an exam.
After successfully passing the exam, you will receive a TCC OCP Administrative Assistant Certificate of Completion (CES).
Courses You May Take
- Receptionist & Office Procedures
- Business Communications
- Internet Concepts
- Business Math
- Access, Introduction
- Outlook, Introduction
- PowerPoint, Introduction
- PowerPoint, Intermediate
- Word, Advanced
Interested in learning more?
Optional courses related to the Administrative Assistant Program may be available. Check with your campus.
How to Apply
Contact the CIE Services Office on the campus of your choice to find out how to apply and register for class.
Office of Workforce Programs
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated March 26, 2019