Medical Administrative Assistant
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 9
- Total hours: 322
- Cost: $1,390
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northeast and Haltom City Northeast Center
- Types of instruction: self-paced computer-based courses in an instructional lab and clinical
- Certificate: TCC Office Careers Program Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate of Completion (CES)
- Portable certificate: CPR (AHA 2-year)
You will be academically prepared to take the National Healthcareer Association’s exam for Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
The Office Careers Program (OCP) is a series of courses designed to help you prepare for entry-level employment or improve your business and technology skills.
In the Medical Administrative Assistant Program, you will take a series of self-paced courses in office technology skills and knowledge that emphasize medical office practices and procedures and their applications.
You will earn CPR certification and gain 112 hours of experience in a working medical clinic by the end of the program.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
Background and drug checks are required.
Credentials in Detail
To finish the Medical Administrative Assistant Program, you will take a capstone course that includes an exam.
After successfully passing the exam, you will receive a TCC OCP Medical Administrative Assistant Certificate of Completion (CES).
Plus, after successfully completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion and a CPR certification.
Courses You May Take
- Essentials of Medical Terminology
- Health Information Systems
- Medical Secretary
- Medical Secretary Clinical (includes uniform and name badge)
- Customer Service
- Business Math
- Basic Keyboarding I
- Word Processing—Medical
- CPR for Health Care Providers
Interested in learning more?
Optional courses related to the Medical Administrative Assistant Program may be available. Check with Northeast Campus CIE Services.
How to Apply
Contact the Northeast Campus CIE Services Office to find out how to apply and register for class.
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated February 07, 2018