PC Network Technician
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 4
- 16 weeks
- Total hours: 464
- Classes meet Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Independent study on Friday
- Length of program:
- Day class:
- A+: 8 weeks
- Network +: 8 weeks
- Night class: 32 weeks
- Day class:
- Times offered:
- Fall: day class
- Spring: day class & night class
- Cost: $2,560, which includes:
- Vouchers for both the CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification exams (administered by PearsonVUE)
- Academic software
- Access to test preparation software
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation, DARS, Texas Workforce
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom, hands-on training, lab drills
- Certificate: PC Network Technician portable certificate
PC Network Technician (PCNT) is an intensive certification program designed to prepare you to be an entry-level Information Technology professional.
Plus, you will be prepared to sit for the A+ and Network+ certification exams after successfully completing PCNT.
We are a Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA)-certified academy with a proven track record for preparing students to succeed on their certification tests. We graduate students who are work-ready and prepared to hit the ground running in the information technology field.
What is CompTIA?
CompTIA is a non-profit trade association that serves as the leading provider of vendor-neutral IT certifications in the world.
Graduates of our PCNT program have gone on to careers in corporate IT departments and major networking facilities in companies such as:
- Lockheed Martin
- American Airlines
- Dallas Cowboys
- Tarrant County College District
- Various insurance companies
Other graduates choose to start their own businesses.
Do I need computer experience?
No, you do not need to have PC knowledge or experience.
Our program is specifically structured to start by establishing a strong foundation in basic functionality. Then you build on those basics to reach the technician level.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing our program, you will receive a PC Network Technician portable certificate.
CompTIA Certification Exams
You can use the vouchers included in your tuition to take the CompTIA certification tests at these locations:
- TCC Professional Certification Testing Center on Northwest Campus, which is a state-of-the-art PearsonVUE testing facility
- Any PearsonVUE facility worldwide
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- CPMT-1011 PCNT: Introduction to Computer Maintenance
- CPMT-2045 PCNT: Computer System Troubleshooting
- ITNW-1058 PCNT: Network +
- ITNW-2035 PCNT: Network Troubleshooting & Support
How to Apply
Register for the PC Network Technician Program courses.
Contact us with questions or for a personal tour
Information Technology Certification Academy
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated December 11, 2017