Personal Fitness Trainer
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 48
- Length of program: 12 weeks
- Times offered: fall, spring and summer
- Cost: $550 (includes all classroom material)
- Date: January 16–April 12, 2018
- Time: Tuesday & Thursday, 2–4 p.m. or 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Northeast
- Types of instruction: classroom
- Certificate: American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
Our course is designed to prepare you for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification Exam. You will also learn to be an effective personal trainer.
The course is a survey of scientific principles, methods and research related to exercise and physical fitness. We emphasize physiological responses and adaptations to exercise.
- Basic elements of kinesiology
- Motor learning
- The physical fitness industry
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will be prepared to take the ACE Personal Trainer Certification Exam.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- FITT-2013 Personal Fitness Trainer
How to Apply
Register for the Personal Fitness Trainer Program course.
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated December 11, 2017