Pet & Animal Care
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours: 299
- Length of program: 6 months to 1 year
- Times offered: quarterly
- Cost: varies
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Southeast
- Types of instruction: online
Our 6-course Pet & Animal Care Program is designed to teach you the professional techniques you need to properly care for pets and animals.
Animal care topics covered include:
- Basic veterinary and nursing care skills
- Kennel care skills
- Safety procedures
You will also learn office skills and etiquette, including how to:
- Schedule appointments
- Work the front desk
- Provide basic care for animals
You will be prepared to work in an animal shelter, animal hospital or kennel.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- VTHT-1011 Veterinary Technician Skills
- VTHT-1012 Pet & Animal Care Foundations
- VTHT-1017 Veterinary Office Management
- VTHT–1091 Kennel Assistant Training
- VTHT–1091 Veterinary Assistant I
- VTHT–1091 Veterinary Assistant II
How to Apply
Register for the Pet & Animal Care Program courses.
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated December 11, 2017