Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours:
- 232 without clinical
- 312 with clinical
- Length of program:
- 40 weeks without clinical
- 48 weeks with clinical
- Times offered: August and February
- Accreditation: Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- Cost: $1,255
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom and clinical instruction
- Certificate: TCC Program Certificate (Marketable Skills)
You will learn the fundamentals of community pharmacy technician principles and procedures.
The clinical phase will give you hands-on experience in area pharmacies.
- High school diploma or GED
- Passing score on The Adult Basic Education (TABE) test, if applicable
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing the program requirements, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion.
If you are interested in taking the certification exam, visit The Texas State Board of Pharmacy for information about the exam and testing sites.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- PHRA-1001 PT: Intro Pharmacy Tech
- PHRA-1002 PT: Pharmacy Law
- PHRA-1004 PT: Pharmacotherapy & Disease
- PHRA-1005 PT: Drug Classification
- PHRA-1009 PT: Pharmacy Mathematics
- PHRA-1043 PT: Pharmacy Tech Cert Review
- PHRA-1061 Clinical
How to Apply
- Download, print, and fill out the application.
- Our Fall 2018 program full.
- Interested in the Spring 2019? We will post the application later this year.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents in person.
- Register for class.
- Once you have been accepted, you may register for Pharmacy Technician courses.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1071.
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated July 30, 2018