Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 2
- Total hours: 168
- Length of program: varies
- Times offered: Check Current Sections Offered by Term (Continuing Education Terms) for availability
- Cost: $820
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: Trinity River
- Types of instruction: classroom and clinical instruction
- Certificate: National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP) Phlebotomy Technician
Our courses provide you with skills and knowledge in technical and procedural aspects of basic phlebotomy, including collection of blood specimens and venipuncture. The clinical phase allows you to gain hands-on experience in area clinical facilities.
Contact Trinity River Campus Community & Industry Education Services 3 months prior to enrolling for entrance requirements.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
For Basic Phlebotomy you must:
- Be 18 years old
- Provide copy of high school diploma or GED certificate
- Pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), if applicable
- Have current health care provider CPR card from the American Heart Association
- Provide documentation of required immunizations:
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
- Hepatitis B (series of three; takes six months to complete series)
- Tuberculosis skin test (negative)
Clinical Course Requirements
You must have successfully completed TCC PLAB-1023 Basic Phlebotomy with a final grade of 80 percent or better.
A drug screen and criminal background check will be conducted when you apply for enrollment in PLAB-1060 Phlebotomy Clinical. You must have a negative drug test and no disqualification from the criminal background check in order to be registered in Phlebotomy Clinical.
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive 16.8 CEUs and a TCC Certificate of Completion.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
How to Apply
- Pick up a Phlebotomy Program application packet at the Trinity River Campus CIE office.
- Return your completed application—with all the required documents listed in the packet.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
If you need to request accommodations, please call us at 817-515-1071.
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Susan Cramer, RN, B.S.N., M.A.
Updated December 11, 2017