Professional Development Courses
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 6
- Total hours: 440
- Cost: $940 (for entire program)
- See Time & Cost
- Admission: Requires acceptance into program
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom and simulation lab
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
- No guarantee of employment
The online application for our 2018 classes is now closed.
We will post the 2019 class schedule as soon as it is ready.
Our program will teach you the rules, regulations and procedures of a railroad dispatcher.
You will use computer systems in a hands-on simulated dispatching environment to learn to move trains safely and efficiently across an assigned territory.
Eligibility Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have, as a required qualification, 30 semester hours of GPA credit from a regionally accredited college or university
- Meet TCC admission requirements
- Be willing to transfer to another location if necessary
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a TCC Certificate of Completion.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- LMGT-1000 RRD: TWC Rules Simulation
- LMGT-1002 RRD: Intro to RR Ops & Rules
- LMGT-1003 RRD: CTC Rules Simulation
- LMGT-1004 RRD: GCOR/TDO COM Rules
- LMGT-1064 RRD: Dispatcher Operations Training
- LMGT-1093 RRD: TSS/CAD Software Training
How to Apply: Selective Admissions Process
- Apply to the Railroad Dispatcher Program:
- Complete and submit the Railroad Dispatcher Program Application
- Receive approval by the pre-screening panel
- Be scheduled for the Railroad Dispatcher Aptitude Test after receiving approval
- Pass the Railroad Dispatcher Aptitude Test
- Participate in an interview with a panel of industry representatives.
- Apply to TCC once you are accepted into the Railroad Dispatcher program.
See our Railroad Dispatcher FAQ.
Community & Industry Education Services
Terri Kleam, Program Coordinator
2301 Horizon Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
Updated December 11, 2017