Professional Development Courses
Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 11
- Total hours: 424
- Length of program: 6 weeks
- Times offered: Spring 2018 is last opportunity for free training
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TECQ)
- Cost: $2,340
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab and internship
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
- CEUs: 42.4
Our program curriculum provides you with the technical skills and knowledge to operate and maintain wastewater treatment plants effectively and safely.
You will learn how to:
- Produce high quality, clean, safe treated water for discharge to the environment or for reuse
- Prevent public health hazards from water-borne pathogens
- Manage receiving water watershed environmental quality
- Monitor wastewater treatment processes using sampling and laboratory techniques efficiently
The program courses are intended for:
- Entry-level employees
- Experienced operators who want to enhance their knowledge
- Experienced operators who seek training hours toward license renewal
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion, and you will be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- EPCT-1025 Basic Wastewater Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Wastewater Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Wastewater
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Wastewater
- EPCT-2021 Wastewater Collection
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- EPCT-2050 Wastewater Treatment
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
How to Apply
Register for the Wastewater Operations–Operator program courses.
Current operators have the option of taking individual courses that can provide in-service training or on-site training.
Fall 2018 Class Schedule
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Wastewater Operations
- Dates: September 17–19
- Dates: December 3–5
- Dates: October 15–17
Water Utility Calculations
- Dates: December 10–12
Water Utility Safety
- Dates: October 22–24
24-hour Course: $280
Includes student hands-on component
- Dates: December 6–8
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Margarett Williams, Coordinator
Ali Williamson, Program Coordinator
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated August 30, 2018