Free Training: Wastewater Operator
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has awarded Northwest Camps CIE a grant to offer free training through Summer 2017.
- A military veteran?
Thanks to our EPA grant, you can enroll—free of charge—in our Wastewater Operator Program and go on to work the environmental field.
Our Wastewater Operator Program provides you with the technical skills and knowledge to operate and maintain wastewater treatment plants effectively and safely.
Courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ), the licensing agency for the state of Texas.
Want more details about our program? See Wastewater Operator.
TCC and the Water/Wastewater Treatment Program's Advisory Committee have established specific admission requirements.
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a high school graduate or have your GED
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Pass a drug test and background check
- Successfully complete an interview and orientation
After successfully completing this program, you will:
- Receive a certificate of completion.
- Be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ exam as long as all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
- EPCT-1025 Basic Wastewater Operations
- EPCT-2050 Wastewater Treatment
- EPCT-2021 Wastewater Collection
- EPCT-1092 Wastewater Laboratory
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Internship–Wastewater
|Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators|
|2015 Median Pay||$44,790 per year
$21.53 per hour
|Entry-Level Education||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Related Occupation/Work Experience||None|
|On-the-job Training:||Long-term on-the-job training|
|Number of Jobs, 2012||117,000|
|Job Outlook, 2012-22:||6% (as fast as average)|
|Employment Change, 2014-24||7,000|
- Salary information based upon median scale.
- Employer requirements and pay grade will vary.
- Source: U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor StatisticsOccupational Outlook Handbook
Want more info? Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and System Operators, Occupational Outlook Handbook
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated March 24, 2017