Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 10
- Total hours: 404
- Length of program: 6 weeks
- Times offered: fall and spring
- Accreditation: Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ)
- Cost: $2,125
- Financial aid: TPEG, TCC Foundation
- Campus: Northwest
- Types of instruction: classroom, lab, internship
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
- CEUs: 40.4
Groundwater Operators protect both the public and the environment from pathogen contamination in systems that use groundwater.
This includes knowledge of:
- Types of wells
- Well hydraulics
- Well development
- Well maintenance
- Pump operation and ground water treatment
- Physical and chemical characteristics of ground water
- Pumps and motors
- Storage and distribution
Water and Wastewater Licensed Operators perform a vital role in maintaining the quality of both the human population and the natural environment.
Our Water/Wastewater Treatment Program is designed to provide you with the technical knowledge to competently perform in the water and wastewater utility industry.
Credentials in Detail
After completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion and be eligible to apply and test for the appropriate TCEQ licensing exam provided all other TCEQ requirements are met.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- EPCT-1015 Basic Water Work Operations
- EPCT-1030 Water Utility Safety
- EPCT-1052 HAZWOPER Training
- EPCT-1092 Water Laboratory
- EPCT-1092 Internship 1 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 2 Water
- EPCT-1092 Internship 3 Water
- EPCT-2007 Groundwater Production
- EPCT-2025 Water Utility Calculations
- TECM-1013 Math Basics
How to Apply
Register for the Water Operator program courses.
Current operators may take individual courses as in-service training or on-site at a facility.
Spring 2019 Class Schedule
All courses are approved by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
20-hour Courses: $215
Basic Water Works Operations
- Dates: TBN
Groundwater Production I
- Dates: April 1–3
Water Utility Calculations
- Dates: March 25–27
Water Utility Safety
- Dates: February 25–27
24-hour Courses: $280
Surface Water Production I
- Dates: TBN
Includes student hands-on component
- Dates: February 21–23
Ready to take your exams?
The Northwest Campus Professional Certification Testing Center offers TCEQ computer-based test (CBT) exams. For a complete list of TCEQ exams or to schedule an appointment to test, email ProfessionalTesting@tccd.edu.
Margarett Williams, Coordinator
Ali Williamson, Program Coordinator
Please call or email me to make an appointment.
Updated February 19, 2019