Quick Program Facts
- Number of courses: 5
- Total hours: 480
- Length of program: 1 year
- Times offered: fall and spring
- Cost: $1,180
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom and practicum
- Certificate: TCC Certificate of Completion
Our program prepares you to be an entry-level welder.
You will learn how to use welding technologies to bind products that contain metal.
Processes covered include:
- Flux cored arc welding
- Gas metal arc welding
- Shielded metal arc welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding
You will also learn about layout, design and structuring in the welding industry.
CIE welding courses meet with credit welding courses.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this program, you will receive a certificate of completion in basic welding.
Courses You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- WLDG-1012 Flux Cored Arc Welding
- WLDG-1017 Layout and Fabrication
- WLDG-1028 Shielded Metal Arc Welding
- WLDG-1030 Gas Metal Arc Welding
- WLDG-1034 Gas Tungsten Arc Welding
How to Apply
Register for the Welding Technician—Basic Program courses.
Updated February 19, 2019