Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) Exam Review
Professional Development Course
Quick Course Facts
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- National Entry Level Dental Assistant (NELDA)
- 2019 Dates:
- Thursday, January 10 & Friday, January 11
- Thursday, May 9 & Friday, May 10
- Time: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Length of course: 16 hours
- Accreditation: Dental Assisting National Board (DANB)
- Admission: open enrollment for dental assistants and dental assisting students
- Cost: $95
- Location(s): Northeast
- Type(s) of Instruction: classroom lecture
- Certification(s): 16 hours of preparation for DANB CDA or NELDA certification
Our course is designed to prepare you to earn the DANB CDA or NELDA national certification credential.
We will give you a comprehensive review of:
- General Chairside Assisting
- Infection Control
- Radiation Health and Safety
At the end of the course, you will take and review a mock examination.
Certification in Detail
- Be a graduate of one of the following American Dental Association (ADA) Commission
on Dental Accreditation (CODA)-accredited programs:
- Dental assisting
- Dental hygiene
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine in (D.M.D.)
- Have a minimum of 3,500 hours of work experience accrued over a period of 2–4 years
- A licensed dentist must verify your employment.
- Be a graduate of a U.S. Department of Education post-secondary dental assisting program
- Have completed a U.S. education system-recognized high school dental assisting program
- Have work experience between 300–3,000 hours accrued over a period of 2–4 years
You are eligible to sit for the General Chairside component of the CDA Exam once you have accrued at least 2 years of clinical experience or a minimum of 3,500 hours of work experience.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- DNTA-2000 DANB CDA / NELDA Exam Review
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Register for Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- CIE Register & Pay for Classes: Pay for Your Course
- Pay online with a credit card or explore other payment options.
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select Schedule and Statement under Business Services
- Choose the term of your course to see your schedule
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course on WebAdvisor or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151 or 817-515-6995.
NE Workforce Programs / Technology, Health & Business
Laurie Semple, Registered Dental Assistant Program Coordinator
Updated November 09, 2018