Pit & Fissure Sealant Course
Professional Development Course
Quick Course Facts
- Duration: 8 hours
- 2018 Date:
- Friday, November 16
- 2019 Dates:
- Friday, February 22
- Friday, April 12
- Tuesday, June 11
- Time: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Cost: $375
- Location(s): Northeast
- Type(s) of Instruction: classroom lecture and clinical instruction
- CEUs: 8.0
Our course provides intensive training in pit and fissure sealants to meet continuing education requirements for professional development.
Taught by qualified faculty, our course maintains a ratio of 5 students to 1 faculty member to ensure individualized hands-on instruction, per Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) requirements.
The course fee includes:
- Course handouts
- All clinical instruments and supplies
Eligibility Requirements & Prerequisites
For the clinical portion, you must be able to provide an approved patient (minimum 12 years old) with a minimum of 4 posterior teeth, including 2 fully erupted molars.
Bring to Class
- Copy of current CPR card
- Clinical experience verification letter—from your employer on practice letterhead
- Must verify 2 years clinical experience as a dental assistant, per Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE) requirements, and include date of hire
- Multiple employer letters may be required to meet the requirement of a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Patient Registration Form
- Patient Medical History Form
- Procedures Risks and Hazards Form
- Policy / Procedures Acknowledgment Form
- Signed by patient, dentist, and course participant:
- Consent for Treatment Form
- Consent for Treatment Plan Form (teeth #’s and surfaces)
- 4 sterilized, caries-free teeth (premolars / 1–2 molars) mounted in plaster or stone
- Protective eyewear
- Utility gloves
- 2 toothbrushes
Certification in Detail
This course meets the TSBDE requirements for 8 hours of didactic and clinical education.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- DNTA-2000 Pit & Fissure Sealant Certification
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Request required course documents and general information packet.
- Call the Northeast Campus CIE office at 817-515-6500 or Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151.
- Get these documents before you register for the course.
- Register for Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- CIE Register & Pay for Classes: Pay for Your Course
- Pay online with a credit card or explore other payment options.
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select Schedule and Statement under Business Services
- Choose the term of your course to see your schedule
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course on WebAdvisor or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple at 817-515-6151 or 817-515-6995.
NE Workforce Programs / Technology, Health & Business
Laurie Semple, Registered Dental Assistant Program Coordinator
Updated November 09, 2018