Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) Course & Exam
Professional Development Course
Quick Course Facts
- Dates & Times: 2018 Course Schedule
- Accreditation: Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE)
- Admission: open enrollment for current or perspective dental assistants who need to be TSBDE registered
- Exam Course (on-site and online): $170
- Retest Exam (online): $35
- Location(s): Northeast or online
- Type(s) of Instruction: classroom lecture or online instruction
- Certification(s): 16 hours of preparation for TSBDE certification
Our RDA course is specifically designed to prepare you to earn the Registered Dental Assistant credential as mandated by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (TSBDE).
You will engage in a comprehensive review of the general guidelines and industry standards for radiology, infection control and jurisprudence.
After completing the course, you will take the credentialing examination. If you do not achieve the minimum competency of 70 percent, you will be required to retake the exam portion, which is administered online only. Up to two retests are allowed before you have to repeat the entire course and exam.
RDA Exam Course
We will send you the required Study Guide via your myTCC email 1 week before the first day of on-site classes.
- Tuesday, June 19 & Wednesday, June 20
- Tuesday, October 2 & Wednesday, October 3
- Time: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Monday, July 30–Friday, August 3
- Monday, October 29–Friday, November 2
RDA Retest Exam
Only for TCC students who have taken either our online or on-site RDA Course & Exam course.
- Friday, August 31
- Friday, November 2
- Friday, November 30
- Time: noon–2 p.m.
Certification in Detail
After you complete the course and earn a minimum passing score of 70 percent on the examination, you must complete and submit the required application with the TSBDE to receive the TSBDE credential of Registered Dental Assistant.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
On-site & Online RDA Course & Exam
- DNTA-1003 RDA Course & Exam
Online RDA Retest: New Course Rubric in 2018
Effective January 1, 2018:
- DNTX-2000 DA: RDA Retest
How to Apply
- Apply to TCC
- Once you are accepted as a student at TCC, you will get a TCC Student ID number.
- You will receive an email with registration instructions.
- Online Course Only—Take Online Readiness Assessment
- Take this assessment to see if online learning is right for you.
- Wait 24 hours after you receive your eligible scores to register for your course.
- Register for Class
- Select the section number for the date you want to take the course.
- CIE Register & Pay for Classes: Pay for Your Course
- Pay online with a credit card or explore other payment options.
- Verify Your Registration
- Log in to WebAdvisor
- Select Students
- Select Schedule and Statement under Business Services
- Choose the term of your course to see your schedule
- Online Course Only—Test Your Course Access in myTCC
- Log in to myTCC 1 business day before your course begins to verify your access
- Call Tech 24/7 at 817-515-8324 if you have problems
If you cannot attend class, you must drop the course on WebAdvisor or contact the Admissions & Registrar Office before the start of the course for a full refund.
No refunds will be issued after the course starts.
Call Laurie Semple (817-515-6151) or Northeast Campus Community & Industry Education Services (817-515-6500).
Laurie Semple, Dental Assistant Coordinator
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated May 24, 2018