EPA Recovery Certification (HVAC)
Professional Development Course
Quick Course Facts
- Number of courses: 1
- Total hours: 8
- Length of program: 1 day
- Times offered: once a month
- Fall & spring: 3rd Friday of the month (August–May)
- Summer: 3rd Thursday of June & July
- Accreditation: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Cost: $125
- Financial aid: TPEG
- Campus: South
- Types of instruction: classroom with exam on computer
- Certificate: EPA Recovery Certification
- CEUs: 0.80
You will train for certification in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) refrigerant recovery and recycling.
The focus is a review of EPA guidelines for refrigerant recovery and recycling during the installation, service and repair of all HVAC and refrigeration systems.
During the last 2 hours of the course, you will take the EPA-approved exam on a computer.
Credentials in Detail
After successfully completing this course, you will receive an identification card from the EPA.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- HART 1091 EPA Recovery Certification
How to Apply
- Register for the EPA Recovery Certification course.
- Go to the CIE Services office on South Campus to get the textbook.
- Read the textbook before the class.
Updated September 19, 2018