Ophthalmic Assistant Training
Quick Course Facts
- Duration: 7 hours
- Dates: TBN
- Time: 7:45 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Cost: $75
- Location(s): Trinity River
- Room: TRTR 4008 (Energy Auditorium)
- Type(s) of Instruction: classroom lecture
- CEUs: 0.7
Our course provides intensive training for ophthalmic technicians and assistants to meet continuing education requirements for professional development.
Topics covered include:
- History taking
- Visual fields
- Ophthalmic imaging
- Clinical Optics
- Common ophthalmic procedures
- Ophthalmic Tech Quiz Bowl
- Meals: We will provide lunch, but breakfast is on your own.
- Parking: You can park free in our parking garage on Belknap and Cherry Streets
- See the campus map
Certification in Detail
The Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO) has awarded this course 7 Group A JCAHPO credits.
JCAHPO does not sponsor this course. However, JCAHPO has reviewed our course for compliance with JCAHPO standards and criteria and has awarded continuing education credit accordingly. As a result, JCAHPO cannot predict the effectiveness of the program or assure its quality in substance and presentation.
Course You Will Take
Check availability: Go to the Course Sections Offered by Term page and scroll down to Continuing Education Terms.
- OPTS-2000 Ophthalmic Technician / Assistant Professional Development
How to Register
Contact Trinity River Campus Community & Industry Education Services (CIES).
Trinity River Campus
Community & Industry Education Services
Updated February 19, 2019