Dietetic Technician: Mission & Goals
- Program: Dietetics
- Pathway: Health Science
The mission of the Dietetic Technician Program is to train and produce competent entry-level nutrition and dietetic technicians, registered, to meet the increased nutritional needs of the community and the demand of the workforce. (Std. 3.1)
Goal 1: Program graduates will demonstrate knowledge and skills as entry level dietetics professionals.
- Program Completion: At least 80% of program students complete program/degree requirements within 3 years for full-time students and 6 years for part-time students (150% of the program length). (Std. 18.104.22.168)
- Graduate Performance: The program's 1-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within 1 year of first attempt) on the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) credentialing exam for nutrition and dietetic technicians is at least 70%. (Std. 22.214.171.124.b)
- Graduate Performance: 50% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for nutrition and dietetic technicians within 12 months of program completion. (Std. 126.96.36.199.a)
- Program Specific: 80% of graduates who completed the graduates survey will agree or strongly agree that the Dietetic Technician Program provides adequate teaching and training to become a competent dietetics professional. (Std. 3.3.1)
Goal 2: Program graduates will successfully obtain employment in dietetics or related field.
- Program Specific: 80% of graduates who completed the graduates survey will agree or strongly agree that TCC Dietetic Technician Program provides adequate preparation for a job interview.
- Graduate Employment: Of graduates who seek employment, 70% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related field within 12 months of program completion. (Std. 188.8.131.52)
- Employer Satisfaction: 80% of the graduates will be rated by their employers of having satisfactory or higher as an entry-level dietetics professional. (Std. 3.3.4)
A summary of the outcome data is available upon request.
Christina Liew-Newville, Ed.D., R.D., L.D.
Dietetics Program Coordinator
Dietetic Technician Program Director
Denise Blevins, M.S., R.D., L.D.
Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Arnold, M.S.
Updated July 26, 2021