Dietary Manager is a special admission program.
After being accepted to TCC, you must meet the following requirements to be eligible to submit a separate application to the program.
Am I eligible to apply?
This certificate in a non-competitive program, but the following special admissions criteria apply.
TCC Student ID Number
You must apply to TCC, be accepted as a student and get a TCC Student ID number before you apply to the Dietary Manager Program.
Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Requirements
- Reading & Writing: You must meet or exceed the college-ready scores.
- Math: You must meet or exceed the college-ready score or complete MATH-0361 with a minimum grade of C.
See TSI Assessment for details.
Post-Acceptance Program Requirements
Practicum: Supervised Practice
Practicum provides supervised practice experience in real life situations. You are required to complete 1 practicum course, with a minimum of 150 hours.
Learn more: Practicum
Verification for Credentialing Exam
After you complete your Dietary Manager Certificate, you must be verified by the program director in order to take the credentialing examination to become a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM®|CFPP®).
To be eligible to sit for the ANFP credentialing exam, you must have:
- Successfully completed all 20 credit Dietary Manager Certificate courses with a grade of "C" or better
- Received satisfactory evaluation on core competencies by preceptors
- Attended an exit meeting during the last 2 weeks of class of your final semester to complete appropriate paperwork for submission to ANFP
Christina Liew-Newville, M.S., R.D., L.D., Dietetics Program Coordinator & Dietetic
Technician Program Director
Denise Blevins, M.S., R.D., L.D., Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Arnold, M.S., Academic Advisor
Updated November 12, 2019