Nutrition Specialist I
You do not have to fill out a program application for this certificate program.
You will gain the knowledge and solid nutrition foundation you need to promote nutrition and healthy eating to the general population.
If you are completing the A.A. degree with the intention to transfer to a Registered Dietitian program, we recommend you complete certificates in both Nutrition Specialist I and Healthy Meal Planning.
Role of a Nutrition Specialist
This Level I certificate will help you get an entry-level job in the dietetics field.
You will learn about nutrition-related topics, including:
- Nutrients, digestion and absorption
- Food sources of nutrients
- Nutrition requirements
- Menu planning for different conditions
- Medical nutrition therapies
- Recipes and menu modifications
- Nutrition assessment and care process
- Nutrition interviewing
You will be able to use your skills in a variety of settings, including:
- Long-term care facilities
- Schools, day care centers and afterschool programs
- Head Start centers
- County extension offices
- Fitness facilities
- Grocery stores
- Specialty meal delivery programs
|Program Component||Estimated Cost|
|Uniforms and Shoes||150|
Christina Liew-Newville, M.S., R.D., L.D., Dietetics Program Coordinator & Dietetic
Technician Program Director
Margaret Hearn, R.D., L.D., Dietary Manager Program Coordinator
Lynda Arnold, M.S., Academic Advisor
Updated February 19, 2019