Electronics & Telecommunication
Interested in learning about the specialized equipment technicians use in communications, computing, and machine control industries? If so, our Electronics & Telecommunication program is for you!
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Electronics & Telecommunication?
- Study microprocessor software & hardware
- Learn how to design & troubleshoot various communication systems
- Increase your understanding of mechanical & electrical systems
- Receive hands-on training
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Telecommunication technicians set up & maintain equipment & wiring that carry communication signals
- Record maintenance, repair & installation of equipment & wiring
- Explain equipment to customers & show them how to use it
- Work in a variety of settings—sometimes including frequent travel—to:
- Central offices
- Electronic service centers
- Customer homes or offices
- Installation & repair sites
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- You must earn college-ready scores on the TSI math section and be ready to start on the Algebraic Math Pathway.
- Once you earn your A.A.S. degree in Electronics & Telecommunication, you will be prepared to start your career in the field of telecommunication.
- When troubleshooting, you will use many different tools to inspect equipment & diagnose problems.
- You will have to learn to use a variety of electrical tools & measuring systems.
- You can specialize according to where you want to work and the tasks you enjoy.
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Occupational Skills Award
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Electronics Technology - Electronics and Telecommunication||60||$3,840|
|OSA||Fundamentals of Electronics||12||$768|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Start on Your Pathway!
Mechanical & Industrial Technology Department
Career & Technical Education (CTE) Advisor
Updated September 07, 2021