As technology changes, different systems evolve and can end up performing similar tasks. That's Convergence Technology. Computer professionals need specialized training to handle the merged activities, products, and services.
Explore on This Page
Job Titles & Career Info
Why choose Convergence Technologies?
- Enter a high-demand information technology sector that continues to grow
- Prepare for industry certifications, such as:
Prepare for what you will do at work
- Configure network hubs, routers & switches
- Perform data backups & prepare disaster recovery procedures
- Monitor network capacity & performance
- Conduct regular system maintenance & testing
- Maintain & update system documentation
Marketable skills you will learn
- Critical thinking
- Personal & social responsibility
- Computer literacy
Before you enroll, think about:
- Many of our courses will prepare you, but you are responsible for earning industry certifications.
- Being a lifelong learner will help you advance in your career because you will always need to keep up-to-date on convergence technologies & be able to apply new knowledge to your work.
- An important part of your work will be understanding how systems work & visualizing how changes will affect those systems.
- 3 skills or work style traits that will help you succeed in this field:
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking
Need a boost to get ready for college?
Talk to your advisor about Developmental Studies if your TSI scores say you need some help in math or reading and writing.
Degrees & Certificates
Occupational Skills Award
How Much Time & Money to Finish?
|Degree or Certificate||Program Title||Hours||Total Tuition & Fees|
|AAS||Convergence Technologies - Cloud Technology||60||$3,840|
|CRT1||Advanced Convergent Technologies||19||$1,216|
|CRT1||Convergence Cloud Technologies||32||$2,048|
- Tuition is based on in-state, in-county rates.
- Totals do not include textbooks and other materials.
Time commitments and fees vary depending on the course.
Earn More Choices & More Money
Transfer to a college or university to continue your studies. Earning a bachelor’s degree opens the door to promotion opportunities.
Start on Your Pathway!
Updated September 07, 2021